Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Limescale tablets in washing machines

On 06/11/2020 08:56, alan_m wrote:
On 05/11/2020 17:50, pinnerite wrote:

A box of 75 cosrs £13.69 which works out at £0.1825 per tablet.
Using one per day 7 days per week for three years comes out at under
£200.
Our Miele cost around £600 ten years ago and still as good as new.

My washing machine cost less than £200 nine years ago and is still going
strong without using Calgon.

Used mainly on a cold wash it occasionally gets a dose of washing soda
on the hottest wash cycle.

On the packet of my lays purchase of washing powder tablets it says 'use
two in hard water areas'

I assume it has a Calgon equivalent built in...