Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Thunderbird 78.4.0

On 05/11/2020 14:56, JNugent wrote:
On 05/11/2020 09:35, alan_m wrote:
Presumably after a recent upgrade the 'buttons' shown in a newsgroup
posting are shown in the following order

reply,Â* followup,Â* forward,Â* delete,Â* more

Previously I had configured "reply" out of the way so I didn't select
it and had "followup" as the first entry.

Now I don't seem to be able to re-order the buttons so that followup
is the first entry and reply is after delete.

Does anyone know how to achieve this? Thunderbird web help suggests
with toolbars clicking on a blank space and selecting configure. This
works with the main tool bar but not with the toolbar that appears in
each newsgroup posting

yes, I found this too.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled from an older version I'd saved the
*.exe for. And disabled automatic updates.

Using the "Message Header Toolbar Customize" from the link in a previous
post I have re-ordered the buttons.

I used the beta version dated 31 Oct from here
https://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/en/downloa...tml?msghdrcust

this page gives download and install instructions. I found problems
downloading with Firefox so used MS Edge (spit).

Once restarting Thunderbird the buttons with text had changed to default
icons. If you then right click on any of the buttons in the newsgroup
posting header a configuration screen will appear giving the option to
restore text rather than icons and gives the ability to re-order the
list. Note followup = smart reply in the customise list.