Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Thunderbird 78.4.0

On 05/11/2020 09:35, alan_m wrote:
Presumably after a recent upgrade the 'buttons' shown in a newsgroup
posting are shown in the following order

reply,Â* followup,Â* forward,Â* delete,Â* more

Previously I had configured "reply" out of the way so I didn't select it
and had "followup" as the first entry.

Now I don't seem to be able to re-order the buttons so that followup is
the first entry and reply is after delete.

Does anyone know how to achieve this? Thunderbird web help suggests with
toolbars clicking on a blank space and selecting configure. This works
with the main tool bar but not with the toolbar that appears in each
newsgroup posting

Apparently Thunderbird have changed the extension api.

For me it was QuoteCollapse that stopped working. I downgraded to 68 and
will wait until Thunderbird has stabilised before upgrading.

See following comment from quote collapse developer.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/quotecollapse/reviews/

----
QC 2.0 used an intermediate API to make it work with TB6x. TB78 dropped
that API ("legacy webextension") while the new API ("mailextension")
lacks important features (such as content scripts for mail display
panes) which will not land before TB82. So for TB78-TB82, we have to use
yet another new intermediate API ("experimental API") knowing it might
be gone soon, too. I cannot promise for that new rewrite to appear soon,
unfortunately.
----