Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_4_] Mike S[_4_] is offline

Default DeWalt Drill Trigger Fwd/Rev Switch failing

On 11/3/2020 3:49 AM, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 19:46:33 -0800, Mike S wrote:

My Dewalt Drill trigger is failing, sometimes I have to hold it on for
30 seconds or more while I disconnect and reconnect the battery, move
the fwd/rev swtich around, spin the drill chuck, hit the drill with my
palm shake it... it comes on when it feels like it. I haven't correlated
it to moon phases, yet.

;-)

Could it be the brushes if there is no direct correlation to doing /
moving anything?

Cheers, T i m

I had great battery voltage and the battery ran the motor directly with
great power, no matter what I did with the trigger and fwd/rev switch no
V came out of the trigger assembly. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.