Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_4_] Mike S[_4_] is offline

Default DeWalt Drill Trigger Fwd/Rev Switch failing

On 11/2/2020 9:31 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Mike S wrote:

-------------
My Dewalt Drill trigger is failing, sometimes I have to hold it on for
30 seconds or more while I disconnect and reconnect the battery, move
the fwd/rev swtich around, spin the drill chuck, hit the drill with my
palm shake it... it comes on when it feels like it. I haven't correlated
it to moon phases, yet. I found a part on ebay for $63 so I think I'll
try fixing it first, otherwise it's a new drill purchase instead
extending the life of this old beast.

This is the assembly
https://i.imgur.com/LKoThQf.jpg

It looks similar to this
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...6DQ/ref=sr_1_6

Has anyone taken one of these apart? Does anyone have any idea how these
are constructed? it looks like a sizeable heat sink so I'm guessing it's
a wire-wound pot.

** Not at all likely, almost certain to be a Mosfet drive using PWM.
Does it not make a whistling sound when you pull the trigger in slightly?
.... Phil

No sound at all Phil.