Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default replacement TV advice

On 04/11/2020 13:14, Broadback wrote:
I cannot receive a decent terrestrial signal so am connected to Freesat
via a dish. I also have a sound bar and a Humax. It is fine but overly
complicated to use. If I am not around my wife has problems. Is there
any where I can get unbiased advice on the way forward please? I would
like something, TV wise, like the the Samsung 52 inch we have.

I don't think you can improve it much, really. Does the TV always come
on set to the correct HDMI input for the Humax? That's probably the main
thing.

Does the sound bar come on automatically? If not, you could simply leave
it turned on 24/7. I know that sounds a bit mad. I have a slight
refinement on this in two rooms that works OK. Everything in the room
that doesn't need to be on 24/7 is on a master switch. So TV set, CCTV
monitor, audio amp, CD player, FM tuner, table lamp, are all off when
the room is unoccupied. The two PVRs are powered 24/7 though, for
obvious reasons.

I suggest you check functionality very carefully before you buy a telly
with Freesat built in. Actually I've always preferred to have the
satellite tuner/recorder separate from the telly.

Bill