Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default replacement TV advice

So firstly, what is the issue with Freeview? My samsung seems to be able to
get a freeview picture on a bit of wet string. Is it a known bad signal
area, or could it be an aerial issue? Not much point in changing if the
answer is cheaper than a tv. However I'd not exactly say any tv is plain
sailing unless you get an el cheapo non smart one. If you have internet and
the samsung is smart, you will probably be best getting the streaming
service, unless you need audio description which seems a bit hit and miss on
streaming services at present.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
On 04/11/2020 13:37, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 04/11/2020 13:14, Broadback wrote:
I cannot receive a decent terrestrial signal so am connected to Freesat
via a dish. I also have a sound bar and a Humax. It is fine but overly
complicated to use. If I am not around my wife has problems. Is there
any where I can get unbiased advice on the way forward please? I would
like something, TV wise, like the the Samsung 52 inch we have.

Could you clarify if you currently have a Freesat TV or is your TV a
Freeview one connected to a Freesat Humax box?

I'm sure there are many who read both newsgroups, but just in case there
aren't, you might get more answers reposting in uk.tech.digital-tv

Sorry, it is a freeview connected to freesat via the Humax