Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default replacement TV advice

On 4 Nov 2020 at 19:16:43 GMT, ""Dave Plowman" News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) laid this down on his screen :
Odd, isn't it? Regardless of how much you pay for a TV, it has crappy
internal sound. To make it nice and neat - no speakers showing. And then
you add a hideous sound bar...

My large screen LG set has OK sound for most of what I use a TV for.

Would you accept a picture that is 'merely OK' on an expensive set?

did have a sound bar on its predecessor, a much bulkier plasma set,
because its sound was so difficult to follow.

The sound quality is 'ok' on my large screen panasonic if your standards
are set by a 10 quid portable radio.

I've just bought a largish LG, and find the sound fine. Obviously it's better
playing through the surround hifi, but it really doesn't bother me that much -
it's clear, loud if I need it, and the Dolby Atmos (whatever that is exactly)
gives some amusing and surprisingly effective pseudo-surround. It even has a
good go at bass. So ideal late at night.

--
Cheers, Rob