Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter W. Peter W. is offline

Default 3D Printer

You've never done the software? Umm. Be prepared for a learning curve, I've struggled and I'm an engineer who had to take drawing and CAD in school. But for what you want you're probably okay, lots of youtube videos.

I am not so worried about the software. It has to have its roots in some CAD system from some source, and all that aside, I do use some other fairly complex systems every day such as Metasys, not to mention the standard Microsoft Office suite. Yes, I am prepared for the learning curve and I have a good deal of patience (other than for fools). You Tube can be a mixed bag, but often quite useful. Early on, I will be duplicating rather than creating, hence the need for a scanner. I also spent a number of years as a machinist - back in the day.

I tripped over a lot of Porto-Baradios, and, amazingly and from separate sources (thrift-stores), three complete sets of glassware up to and including the swizzle-sticks. Between the five (5) of them, at this point I need a total of six handles, two faceplates and four knobs. I could cast them, but a 3D printer would, in my opinion, a better option once I got the first ones done properly. And there would be a brisk market for them at Kutztown. I will look into the Ender as well as any other forthcoming suggestions. The kids want to get this for me for Christmas, and I will give them a "matching grant" to increase their budget, if needed. But right now, they have agreed on a rough budget of $250 each towards this.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...stewart-warner

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA