Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default 3D Printer

On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 10:11:39 AM UTC-5, Peter W. wrote:
I am looking for suggestions on a 3D printer & scanner - either as one piece of hardware, or two. My needs are both small and simple. Such things as knobs, handles and similar parts with no dimension longer than about 5" (130mm). I don't need speed, but I would appreciate accuracy and the ability to reproduce details such as knurling and scrolling on small parts.

I am somewhat price driven, but not to the level of absurdity. Nor am I any sort of adept with the software, never having done it before. So, simple-is-good.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I've heard good things about the Ender 3 at a price point of around $200, I think. But I don't have one myself so can't confirm.

You've never done the software? Umm. Be prepared for a learning curve, I've struggled and I'm an engineer who had to take drawing and CAD in school. But for what you want you're probably okay, lots of youtube videos.