Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Burke[_3_] Peter Burke[_3_] is offline

Default replacement TV advice

Broadback wrote in
:

On 04/11/2020 13:37, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 04/11/2020 13:14, Broadback wrote:
I cannot receive a decent terrestrial signal so am connected to
Freesat via a dish. I also have a sound bar and a Humax. It is fine
but overly complicated to use. If I am not around my wife has
problems. Is there any where I can get unbiased advice on the way
forward please? I would like something, TV wise, like the the
Samsung 52 inch we have.

Could you clarify if you currently have a Freesat TV or is your TV a
Freeview one connected to a Freesat Humax box?

I'm sure there are many who read both newsgroups, but just in case
there aren't, you might get more answers reposting in
uk.tech.digital-tv

Sorry, it is a freeview connected to freesat via the Humax

I'm not a fan of the user interface on Humax freesat boxes but actually
believe that you aready have the best of a bad job in terms of setup,
usability and maintainability. Switch on Humax, switch on telly
(connected via HDMI) and it all boots up to a channel display screen,
viewing options available by 'guide'. Soundbar will likely power up
itself if HDMI's back to the telly or manually turn on by button press or
remote if not.

If you go for a freesat telly I don't know that the UI will be any better
and you will have to go back to the Humax to schedule recordings, poss
more complex rather than less.

Could 'follow-me' instruction with the missus every time you set
something up be a solution?