Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Boiler controls/efficiency

On 04/11/2020 09:59, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/11/2020 23:24, wrote:
On 03/11/2020 19:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
.... snipped

Modern boiler have separate temperatures for CH to HW.

.... snipped

Really? A combi may have this but are there any system boilers with it?

Yup, all the Vaillant range, a number of the WB, and a number of others
(most likely anything that supports weather compensation).

If so, how is it signalled?

Via eBus typically[1]. The programmer will understand the difference
between DHW and CH, and allow them to be independently controlled and
programmed.

[1] some may support independent simple "call for heat" style stat inputs.

Thanks for the education, I'm slightly wiser than I was. My WB boiler
(Worcester 32/50 Danesmoor) is only a couple of years old but is pretty
basic.