Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Gas Safe Engineer

On 04/11/2020 00:45, michael adams wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 03/11/2020 12:42, rick wrote:
On 03/11/2020 10:49, John Rumm wrote:

If you look at the bottom of their web page you will find the registered company
details, so can then go look them up on the companies house web site. At which point
you will find they have made up accounts and a 5 year trading history, with a move to
profit in about 2017, and consistent growth over the last couple of trading years.
The average number of employees for the 2017-18 year was 9, and last year that had
risen to 16. So it seems like its going to be getting rather cosy in that back
bedroom.

I did look at comparison sites and review sites before going to them, it was an
informed decision (on my part anyway)

I was not questioning the choice of company (they may or may not be good - I have no
experience with them). I just found all the prattle suggesting the organisation was a
scam or a "bedroom operation" was a bit tiresome since it was pretty evident that no
one had actually bothered doing any research!

In my original post I stated the following

" She doesn't work for Your Repair don't forget,.She's presumably self employed
She'd "been requested" by them to do the service. Maybe she mostly works
for other contractors and this was her first job for Your Repair. And she didn't
follow the correct procedure which differs from the others after completeing
the job."

Nothing I've read in this thread - the OP's experience in particular leads
me to believe it couldn't still be being run from a bedroom. !6 employees or
not. And neither do I automatically associate bedroom operations with
scams, and nowhere in this thread have I suggested that it was. Which would,
as you are doubtless aware, be defamatory were it shown to be false,
and lay myself or anyone else making such claims, open to legal recourse.

IANAL, but I believe you are free to state an opinion that you hold and
be free of risk of litigation. Its a different matter if you state
something that proves to be defamatory as a "fact".

I note however that you did state "the big problem with *this as with
almost all such surefire get rich quick schemes* is actually attracting
customers." [my emphasis]. That seemed to strongly imply that you were
claiming the company is a "get rich quick scheme" - a phrase not usually
interpreted with a positive connotations, but perhaps I misread it.

--
Cheers,

John.