Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler controls/efficiency

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
Tim Lamb used his keyboard to write :

snip.

My system throttles the boiler back, as it near the set temperature, it
predicts the input power needed, so it does not over shoot.

Could I fit a suitable fixed resistor in place of the Weather
compensation detector (assumed to be a thermistor of some sort)?

What would be the point of that? The boiler needs the outdoor ambient
temperature detector, to improve it output Kw setting, to better match
the houses heat loss.

The Veissmann has no provision for two different settings other than
using the weather compensation. Elderly, retired couple with underfloor
heating, 24 hour occupation and heating kept on.

Heating water temperature is limited to 50 deg. Is there any point in
circulating water at 65 with the boiler spending a lot of time on the
lowest burn?

--
Tim Lamb