I-zheet M'drurz

Default Kitchen Counter Surface for Baking?

Philip Lewis wrote:

Stainless Steel. You would never want to cut directly on it

[...]
Or as others have suggested, you can get the same results
with marble, which is probably going to cost considerably
more.

Problem with SS is thermal mass. can't keep it chilled like you
can marble

Ahhh, this would be where the fact that I don't do much baking
comes into play. I take it that heat is important here. I do
about 75% veg prep and 25% meat cutting. so it's not really an
issue.

Perhaps SS over concrete. lots of thermal mass and all the good
stuff you mentioned.

Or over a base cabinet that's a refrigeration unit!? :-)

Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line