Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Gas Safe Engineer

On 03/11/2020 13:00, rick wrote:
On 03/11/2020 11:44, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
No its inept administration. I've seen it on Virgin Media, BT,Â* and many
others. We used to call it the left hand not knowing what the right
hand is
doing, but it goes one stage further, the people who cocked up don't
believe
the customer actually knows more than they do.
Â* Brian

I do think this is the case.

There is a next 'step'Â*Â*Â* After several calls with them, and then
explaining if they are convinced they had never done any work on my
account, then lets cancel the contract.
They then agreed as a 'customer gesture' to proceed with the fault call
out ....

I get an email with Engineer details ... he calls me about 30 min later
..... and this is again amusingÂ* (Esther Rantzen material) ... he asks
loads of technical Q's on boiler, then advises as its more than 8 year
old I would be better installing a new one.Â* I declined and said I would
like breakdown call please.
He then added, I haven't done work for them for a while they take too
long to pay, so I'm turning this job down.Â*Â*Â* !!

I calledÂ* "Your Repair"Â* ... prompt answer out of Hrs which was good
..... explained the conversation, to then be told job should notÂ* have
gone to him, we stopped using him 2 years ago.Â* !!
They will give the job to another engineer

30 min later I get an email - as an engineer they hadn't sent had
carried out service they are rejecting call out - ticket closed.

I went back on-line raised a new ticket - explained this had been
approved by Management .... and a new ticket get get approved, and
engineer dispatched.

So this whole scenario including 'Phantom Service' could just be down to
shoddy admin.Â* Certainly seem to not talk to each other, or have good
system for tracking.

Did they not have any record at all of the first report you made on
their web site?

--
Cheers,

John.