Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default DeWalt Drill Trigger Fwd/Rev Switch failing

On 11/2/2020 9:46 PM, Mike S wrote:
My Dewalt Drill trigger is failing, sometimes I have to hold it on for
30 seconds or more while I disconnect and reconnect the battery, move
the fwd/rev swtich around, spin the drill chuck, hit the drill with my
palm shake it... it comes on when it feels like it. I haven't
correlated it to moon phases, yet. I found a part on ebay for $63 so I
think I'll try fixing it first, otherwise it's a new drill purchase
instead extending the life of this old beast.

This is the assembly
https://i.imgur.com/LKoThQf.jpg

It looks similar to this
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...6DQ/ref=sr_1_6

Has anyone taken one of these apart? Does anyone have any idea how
these are constructed? it looks like a sizeable heat sink so I'm
guessing it's a wire-wound pot.

TIA,
Mike

I've had a few battery powered Dewalt drills. I won't get a Dewalt drill
again. I 'm disappointed in the battery lifetime*, I've had chuck
problems, also the clips that hold the battery in fail and the battery
must be pushed back in. I'm not sure what I will get, but I know what I
won't get.

Â**life of battery not discharge time.