Posted to uk.d-i-y
pinnerite pinnerite is offline

Default Screwfix screw-up

My two Penn'th.

I ordered an electric sander and two rolls of sandpaper for collection
from the Harrow branch. So that is three items on the "deliveey" note.
After driving five miles, queueing and finally presenting my emailed
advice, the guy behind the counter procured two items, plonked them on
the counter and looked at me as though I was barmy for not congratulating
him and rush out, skipping and singing his praises.

I pointed to the items and counted "ONE, TWO".
He was speechless and uttered that famous British expression when
confronted with such incredibly unheard of events, "Sorry mate, shall I
order them again".

So an overall 20 miles to get a roll of sandpaper!.
Brilliant sander though. £15 fantastic value. Paid for itself in a couple
of days.

--
Mint 20.0, kernel 5.4.0-45-generic, Cinnamon 4.6.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 8GB of DRAM.