Posted to alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default car battery explosions, was: Why are Li Ion UPSs so expensive?

On Mon, 02 Nov 2020 04:25:28 -0000, Bob F wrote:

On 11/1/2020 7:27 PM, rbowman wrote:
From an engineering standpoint I like the transverse engine FWD
design.
All the stuff is in one place turning in the same direction.

I can't remember seeing an engine the other way round. I think the
old
Morris Marinas were that way, they had a very long bonnet.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/36535/...n-for-a-reason

With the weight that far forwards, braking hard would do an endo.

If you don't know what an endo is:
https://www.wikihow.com/images/e/ee/...-endo-bike.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHsNoBEdrM

I've been known to pull a wheelie a time or two but I'll leave the endos
to the kiddies. I'm all to familiar with the 6 to 8 weeks bones take to
knit. Except ribs. Those suckers take forever.

I used to love doing endos in white water kayaks.

I prefer touring in a canoe. Like with a bicycle, it's a vehicle for travelling and enjoying scenery, not for performing tricks.