Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default traditional ropes

On 02/11/2020 07:18, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Hemp, but not tarred rope if you want it to rot. Some ropes also stretch or
shrink as well so its worth bearing that in mind. I'll bow to others, but
I'd just say, beware of some natural ropes as they are made of all sorts of
crap.

As a matter of interest, why does it all need to be bio degradable? I would
it not be better to simply take them down clean them up and remove your non
bio degradable stuff at that time?
Brian

I want the whole arrangement to be immune to accusations of littering. I
don't want it to last as long as it can but ultimately to biodegrade to
nothing. I don't want the method of mounting to fail prematurely.

TW