Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ABLE1[_4_] ABLE1[_4_] is offline

Default SMD Fuse ID

On 11/2/2020 7:51 AM, legg wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 22:49:59 -0500, ABLE1
wrote:

On 11/1/2020 5:38 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Are you prepared to pay for the best? (The worst you already have in
the form of an SMT fuse). For a little more $$$, the manufacturer
might supply a PPTC resettable fuse:
https://www.littelfuse.com/products/polyswitch-resettable-ptcs.aspx
Nothing to replace when it blows. Just give it time to cool down.

So Jeff, let me ask you.

If I would replace or jumper the B = RXEF010 resetable fuse the board
would work, meet code, and almost never have to concern myself with
it in the future??

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Les

Would you prefer to replace the fuse with the same type and rating,
or throw the thing in the garbage, next time ?

RL

Now that I know there might be a resetable fuse available.

What I was thinking was to replace the fuse with a "resetable" as
suggested by Jeff. A resetable that had a compatible rating and
was available at a quantity of maybe 10 each or so. That way,
I would have some available for other boards in the future should
I need any. It is simple, as opposed to buying a whole new board
for $25.00 + Tariff + Tax + Shipping + etc. etc. for the cost of
a $0.80?? part.

Les