Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New bathroom sink tap in old bathroom

In article ,
Jedzi wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Thinking about it, I'm probably being
optimistic in saying it's only 30 years - I'd say it's more like 50+,
from the hideous bright pink bath & sink.

I've measured the pipe, it's roughly 15mm externally, which doesn't tell
me whether it's imperial or metric, but does tell me it's not 3/4".

15mm tube is near enough 15mm measured with digital callipers. 1/2" is
nearer 16mm (15.88) (external diameter)

But that is irrelevant as regards a tap connector. There's a very good
chance a new tap will have the same thread as the old, and not require any
alteration to the pipework.

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.