Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default Removing smoker smells from hardware?

On 01/11/2020 10:42, T i m wrote:

Yesterday a good friend (but regular smoker) dropped off one of those
USB/PC oscilloscopes. Bringing it in the house reminded me how much
stuff from his place stinks of smoke, because they both smoke (and
probably the only of my friends that do). ;-(

[1] Put a fair amount of kitty-litter in a plastic bag that's easily big
enough to hold the scope

[2] Put the bag on a rigid surface that you could move from place to
place (see [7])

[3] Spread the kitty-litter evenly

[4] Place a single layer of kitchen paper over the kitty litter, to
match the footprint of the scope

[5] Place the scope on the kitchen paper

[6] Seal bag

[7] By means of the rigid surface, place somewhere warm, e.g. airing
cupboard

[8] Test for odour, say weekly

[9] When odour level has fallen away, remove scope and use. Dispose of
the bag and contents.

--
Spike