Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Removing smoker smells from hardware?

On 01/11/2020 22:37, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 15:46:58 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 01/11/2020 10:42, T i m wrote:
Yesterday a good friend (but regular smoker) dropped off one of those
USB/PC oscilloscopes. Bringing it in the house reminded me how much
stuff from his place stinks of smoke, because they both smoke (and
probably the only of my friends that do). ;-(

My sister bought a car ten years ago and after she'd paid noticed the
smell of smoke. She tried everything, but every time I went in that car
I could smell the smoke.

I know the issue.

She got rid of the car a couple of years ago.

You hear many people that do.

I bought a reclining chair from the BHF 18 months ago, and despite all
efforts it still sometimes smells of smoke.

Yup, daughter bought a reclining chair locally when stepdaughter was
first suffering from her cancer (3x enlarged kidney) and that came
from the house of a smoker and still stinks now,. She keeps a throw
over it but we might see if we can treat it with something (mind you,
the dog seems to have adopted it as his chair so not so much of an
issue).

Sometimes in the night I smell smoke, and when I look on the CCTV
someone's walked past, presumably smoking.

Yup, I get the same and used to smell it when the guy next door
smoked. When out in the back garden I know when another neighbour home
worker is on a break as I can smell her dope (and judging how often I
smell it it much cost her a bit)?

I can also often tell if anyone in any of the cars immediately ahead
is smoking dope or a cigar etc (you can *see* them smoking a vape as
it looks like a steam train)!

Are you sure this animosity of yours isn't due to your moral disapproval
of smoking?

I bet Victorian temperance enthusiasts spoke similarly about the odour
of booze.

--
Max Demian