Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Data over mobile network

In message , williamwright
writes
All paths to a transmitter are radial.

All direct paths to a transmitter are radial.

They are actually beyond me but on the same radial.

To clarify a few points upthread.

Current mobile is an Alcatel one touch. Basically because it fits my
trouser pocket. The display only shows signal strength but I think this
version is 3g.
The problem is variable over a few minutes: going from 3 bars down to 1
and then searching, usually followed by 2 or 3 bars of emergency only.

I tried wandering off the direct line and found no improvement. The bulk
of the village lies between us and the transmitter so it may just be
half-term TV and downloads:-(

I'll just have to fire up the Motorola!

--
Tim Lamb