al

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Imm wrote:
More tripe. As soon as those people no longer rely on the city
for there living, they get out sharpies to there £700K house.

Hmm. Roughly one person in 7 (23618/172808: 2001 census) in LB
Richmond is over 65. Most will be homeowners and could sell up and
buy a very nice place away from London. But for the most part they
haven't. Perhaps they realise that as you get older having shops and
friends within walking distance and public transport that runs every
day of the week beats being stuck in some lonely country cottage.

With you on that ... I like living in London because it's got some life.
Not some dead-end middle-of-nowhere country place with no restaurants, no
pubs, no clubs, no museums, no theatres, no public transport, no nightbus,
no open minded people ... etc. etc. etc.

And before I get a raft of people deciding to side with IMM, I do realise
that normal, well balanced (and quite skilled DIY'ers!) live outside of
London too ;o)

I choose to live in London not because I work here but because I want to.
Some people like the quiet life - I don't.