Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Removing smoker smells from hardware?

On 01/11/2020 10:42, T i m wrote:
Yesterday a good friend (but regular smoker) dropped off one of those
USB/PC oscilloscopes. Bringing it in the house reminded me how much
stuff from his place stinks of smoke, because they both smoke (and
probably the only of my friends that do). ;-(

My sister bought a car ten years ago and after she'd paid noticed the
smell of smoke. She tried everything, but every time I went in that car
I could smell the smoke. She got rid of the car a couple of years ago.

I bought a reclining chair from the BHF 18 months ago, and despite all
efforts it still sometimes smells of smoke.

Sometimes in the night I smell smoke, and when I look on the CCTV
someone's walked past, presumably smoking.

Bill