Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Data over mobile network

On 01/11/2020 14:20, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Could be but most "contention" problems these days are not the
network backhaul but capacity within the ISP.

It would make no sense to upgrade backhaul beyond the capacity limits of
the transmitter. Or to have it less either.

Some years ago I attend as a vendor an open air show before it started -
we came the night before - cell coverage was OK and up to 9600 bps was
available. With the show in fill flood you couldn't even sustain a voice
call reliably.

In the end its transmitter capacity that dominates

--
€śPeople believe certain stories because everyone important tells them,
and people tell those stories because everyone important believes them.

Paul Krugman