Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing smoker smells from hardware?

In article ,
T i m wrote:
So, last night I stripped the unit down and washed the case and all
the cables / probes in hot soapy water, dried it all with some paper
towel and left it on an electric radiator on low overnight (to ensure
it's all dried), but *I* can still smell the 'the smell' on the cables
(especially) and things like the rubber front and back moldings.

Bit odd, in that washing clothes gets rid of any tobacco smells. Of course
since it's likely got ventilation slots, the inside bits could be coated
too.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW