Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing smoker smells from hardware?

Yes I'm afraid this is the only way to do it. No I cannot explain it, but
its obvious that there are micropores in most materials and these chemicals
do get deep into materials, even if they appear hard. All I can say is if
you can mask it, do so, but over a year or so, the smell does reduce, of
course it might be that the senses just get used to it. Its a bit like if
you have a dog in the house, you can tell as soon as you walk in, no matter
how clean the house is.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:42:00 +0000, T i m wrote:

Whilst this scope and cables is 'better' after the washing, because
it's something you typically use close up, especially the probes, I
really don't want that smell under my nose every time I use it). ;-(

Well probes are not exactly expensive...

As for the USB Scope, perhaps give it a gentle spray or wipe over
with a fabric refresher? SWMBO'd uses Febreze fabric refresher with
reasonable success but on fabrics not hard surfaces. She's not a
great fan of artifical scents so I suspect you can get these
refreshers "sans parfum" or at least with something overpowering.

--
Cheers
Dave.