Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Data over mobile network

Its multiplexed so in theory it should not matter how many people are using
their phones next door at the same time, there are likely so many users in
your area, a few more should not make much difference. Of course the system
may be overloaded from some other major source, you have no real way of
knowing. Go close to another mast and see if its specific to yours.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , charles
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
This might be a very silly question:-)

Is there a device/way of paralleling mobile phone connections to boost
data rate? Possibly in connection with gaming activities.

Long shot question but my Vodafone service is suddenly very intermittent
and usually emergency service only. Vodafone deny any issues and this
has been continuous over more than a week.

My new neighbours have 3 young teenage boys and the wired internet is
limited to around 12 meg.

Paranoia alert but we are on a radial path to the transmitter.

what is a "radial path to the transmitter"

Sorry to be unclear. We are on the same radial path to the transmitter. I
know nothing about the propagation characteristics of mobile phone masts
but assume it is zoned.

--
Tim Lamb