Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default Removing burnt on carbon from non-stick fryin g pan

In message , Jethro_uk
writes
On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 17:12:27 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 30/10/2020 13:23, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 12:40:01 +0000, David wrote:

Over a period of time a non-stick frying pan has gradually accumulated
more and more carbon.

Not really non stick then, is it ?

I don't think my mum ever cleaned her cast iron frying pan. Just added
more lard. (This was long before non-stick.)

We just wipe out any excess fat plus cooking detritus and leave it at
that. They are supposed to be seasoned - protects the iron, plus helps
with the cooking process and imparts flavour.

AIUI, proper cooks don't consider that a pan is 'run in' until it has
accumulated the usual layer of difficult-to-remove stuff. It's pointless
(and time wasting) trying to restore it to the original condition, and
you may cause damage if you do. I don't know about imparting (much)
flavour, but anything left stuck inside will get sterilised when it is
next used.
--
Ian