Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning printing off cables

On 31 Oct 2020 at 22:15:35 GMT, "Theo"
wrote:

Fredxx wrote:
I doubt you will. I'm sure the ink solvent will soften and mix with the PVC.

Thanks, I think you might be right... after some surface cleaning it looks
like it's soaked in.

This was ordered from Farnell BTW - never expected that white cable would
have indelible printing along almost every inch

Theo

That's unfortunate. I suppose if you want domestic flex it is best to order
it from an electrical wholesaler or DIY shop. Such as
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/

If you only want a few metres send me your address by email and I'll post you
some 0.75mm^2. I've also got some 1.5mm^2s offcuts, but that's a bit heavy
for most things. For reasons I've got much more than I'll ever use of the
0.75, can't remember if it's heat resistant but I don't think it matters for
lighting, though I am prepared to be contradicted.

--
Roger Hayter