Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default SMD Fuse ID

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 12:26:25 -0400, ABLE1
wrote:

Hello,

I have a circuit board that has a blown Fuse. The Fuse is a very
small SMD device that is mounted to the board. The device is a color
green if that matters with a capital "B" on the surface.

This is just a curiosity question for my own edification and
maybe for the benefit others.

Is there some chart that would be available to give the ability
to ID the value of this fuse and its parameters??

Then my other comment has a different tone.

Personally I think fuses of this design are a PITA. Yes, it is
smaller and makes for a "clean look" but when one might have been
blown by a possible spike on the line voltage in order to save the
rest of the board then the WHOLE board need to be replaced.

So then what is the point other than making more money.

If it seems that I might sound a bit frazzed, that would be correct.

I just don't understand the designing of this technology type
especially at a input voltage of 120VAC.

I am sure I will be enlightened to the whys and wherefores.
I am prepared for the best and worst.

Thank you very much in advance.

Les

Littelfuse smd 'B' is 0.125A