Capitol

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

G&M wrote in message ...

But by moving jobs out of London, demand would drop and prices would be far
nearer the amount people with real jobs could afford.

We tried that in the 40's and 50's. it did actually work for a while. The
policy was destroyed by cheap public transport and cheap rented housing. The
only way to make it work now is to drastically increase the London
congestion charge, to stop subsidising public transport, privatise it and
make people pay the real going rate for transport(airlines?) and all
services( the cost of digging up London roads is horrific). When firms can
no longer afford to attract workers, they will voluntarily move out of
London and the people will follow. We also need to stop paying a London
allowance to civil servants etc. The market will soon sort out the problems.
Comfortable-NO, will it work YES!

Moving Parliament would also be a good idea, but the featherbedded
politicians would fight change, tooth and nail.
Regards
Capitol