Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Removing burnt on carbon from non-stick fryin g pan

On 30/10/2020 12:40, David wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations from people who have successfully tried
the solution (if any). :-)

Over a period of time a non-stick frying pan has gradually accumulated
more and more carbon.

Internet search turns up the main fix as white vinegar boiled in the pan,
then baking soda added.

Salt has also been mentioned.

I wondered about using oven cleaner as a far more aggressive approach.

Anyway, any tried and tested remedies?
[Buying a new pan is out of scope. Likewise not burning anything on in the
first place.]

If it is burnt-on then it has ceased to be non-stick.

Caustic Soda (oven cleaner) will work if there is still some fat residue
rather than totally carbonised.
Other wise mechanical means are the only option. My leCreuset cast iron
pan was non-stick once; when it deteriorated I removed it all with a
wire brush in a drill, then re-seasoned the bare metal with groundnut
oil. that was about 25 years ago which is about twice as long as the
original non-stick lasted.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.