Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default can't figure correct resistance for teflon coated copper wire

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 1:30:43 PM UTC-4, Runner wrote:
That was too much power, at least IMO, for the electric blanket I was
making, so I kept checking current and voltage until a more reasonable
55 W was reached. This meant using 20 feet of the wire and powering at
5 V (11 A).

I'm under the blanket now and it's toasty. Not hot, but warm. I will

The Teflon wire is hot glued to the old blanket. I wasn't sure if this
would work as I feared glue melting, but so far so good after some

Dude! I just..........I mean it boggles the mind. You made your own electric blanket with hot glue and duct tape, and you're trusting your life to it?

I hope you live alone. I'm pretty sure you made your own smoke alarms but still.

#darwinawards