Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default can't figure correct resistance for teflon coated copper wire

In article , Runner wrote:
I have a spool of Teflon coated copper wire. I am trying to determine
the resistance of a one foot piece, but both of my meters read
differently. How can I get a reliable reading? I am using DVMs.
Thanks in advance.

Alternatively, if you know the length of the spool (because it's new
and untouched, or at least measurable in some way) measure the whole
spool's resistance, and then divide by the length. Hopefully, the far
end of the wire is poking out somewhere!
Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk