Bumbledor

Default Need help - Troubleshooting question for any good electrician.

Thanks for looking.

While I can do basic electrical work, Its not my profession, so I thought I
would seek some information from you professionals out there.

Mom and Dad (retired) have a kitchen light that keeps dimming for no
reason - even with new bulbs, a standard 60 watt non-floresecent. Its hooked
up to a 3 way circut, with 2 switches, one is a "mercury" switch, the other
is a regular single throw contact switch.

I have checked the wiring for possible shorts. And save for yanking it out
of the walls compleatly, I can't see any other reason for the light diming..
I remember a friend telling me about those mercury switches getting old.

Nothing else on that electrical circut is effected. I E. The other light
does not flicker/dim.

Any help/suggestions appreacated.