Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plasma Cutter

"David Billington" wrote in message ...

On 30/10/2020 10:42, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message ...

On 10/28/2020 5:35 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
My 1/2 HP air compressor couldn't keep up with a 30A plasma cutter.

__________________________________

I think my 60 gal/6hp unit might be able to keep up with the duty
cycle on this one . ...
Snag

Yep, it should be enough. I don't even turn on my newer 60 gal one for
small jobs like sandblasting rust spots, the air in the tank is plenty.

My 40A plasma cutter runs fine on my 2hp compressor.

Thanks, that's a useful data point. I wasn't looking for such a large
compressor but couldn't pass up the deal, $75 unused but missing the pump
(handling damage?). The 3HP Harbor Freight air pump works fine on it.