Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inverter gone bang!

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 09:43:01 +0000, R D S wrote:

...a picture of the blown board would be handy, too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CB1...B8NJHm5-nvG7gP
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6D...PxxbyfF5y7aP91

Those to power transistors have let out the magic smoke big time.
Last time that happened to me, with a PC PSU, the control IC was also
toast and possibly the capacitors after the bridge rectifier on the
mains side.

If there is no real reason for the connected motor to have failed,
either mechanically (jammed), or electricaly (open/short winding) the
chances are it's just a "spontaneous" failure of the invertor. One
assumes that has you have this invertor(*) you don't have access to a
real 3 phase supply to test the motor with. So limited to the low
voltage DC checks others have suggested.

(*) Invertor would normally be a device to convert battery DC to AC
(1 or 3 phase) rather than a convertor taking a single phase supply
and creating a 3 phase one. I assume this device is the latter.

--
Cheers
Dave.