Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default There's a rat my loft (what am I gonna do?)

On 29/10/2020 18:23, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:21:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

You're forgetting that we are animal just like any other and one that
is a hunter.

When did you last (have to) go hunting for your food then Dave? ;-)

And 'as hunters' we aren't very well equipped are we? We can't easily
digest raw meat and we certainly can't easily consume fur, feathers,
skin or bone and we can't catch much without traps or tools. So we
aren't 'natural' carnivore / hunters (like most other obligate
carnivores are) but we might be gatherers in that we could get the
stuff you could forage for (like shellfish) or be opportunist re
finding the remains of other animal kills when we learned how to cook
meat.

What a wastrel you are.

Meat is eaten
Fur is used for clothing
Feathers for insulation, tools, or decoration
Skin used for clothing
Bone for tools or decoration.

With your disconnected-background throwaway approach, you'd never
survive an apocalypse, would you, especially as your vital dietary
supplements would no longer be available.

--
Spike