Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default There's a rat my loft (what am I gonna do?)

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 21:54:33 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 29/10/2020 18:23, T i m wrote:
And 'as hunters' we aren't very well equipped are we? We can't easily
digest raw meat and we certainly can't easily consume fur, feathers,
skin or bone and we can't catch much without traps or tools. So we
aren't 'natural' carnivore / hunters (like most other obligate
carnivores are) but we might be gatherers in that we could get the
stuff you could forage for (like shellfish) or be opportunist re
finding the remains of other animal kills when we learned how to cook
meat.

Our closest relatives the Bonobos and Chimpanzees have raw meat in their
diets.

Sure ... so how often do *you* eat raw meat then? There is some
hilarious footage on Youtube of a carnist activist talking to Ed
Winters and is sucking on the same lump of meat all the time they are
talking. ;-)

It's the same as those who quote that dogs evolved from wolves , which
they did, but living alongside man for thousands of years has meant
they have evolved so can now process starch in a way wolves can't.

In the same way that our consumption of meat and so the B12 the
animals were producing (because of the cobalt in the environment
'then') means we mutated and started producing ours in the wrong
intestine. ;-(

So whilst we may share many of the characteristics of animals similar
to us, we can also be different in subtle ways that can make a big
difference on what we can (or can't) do.

One massive thing we can do and most animals still can't is buy stuff
in supermarkets. They don't generally have the choice, they don't have
the excuse. ;-)

Cheers, T i m