Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default There's a rat my loft (what am I gonna do?)

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:21:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 29 Oct 2020 00:46:01 GMT, Roger Hayter wrote:

While I am all for killing rats, the apparent excitement and pleasure
the humans got from it is very distasteful.

You're forgetting that we are animal just like any other and one that
is a hunter.

When did you last (have to) go hunting for your food then Dave? ;-)

https://ibb.co/KhtfMnc

And 'as hunters' we aren't very well equipped are we? We can't easily
digest raw meat and we certainly can't easily consume fur, feathers,
skin or bone and we can't catch much without traps or tools. So we
aren't 'natural' carnivore / hunters (like most other obligate
carnivores are) but we might be gatherers in that we could get the
stuff you could forage for (like shellfish) or be opportunist re
finding the remains of other animal kills when we learned how to cook
meat.

We learned how to do all that by mostly living off fruits, nuts and
berries of course. ;-)

Modern society has a veneer of "civilisation" but that's
all it is, a veneer.

Nor for all of us. Some of those of us who do have the choice have
chosen to not exploit animals, have seen though that indoctrination
and try to eat and live more responsibly.

https://ibb.co/S7CbSh9

Not very far down is the hunter and creature
that will kill to feed or protect its family group and immediate
community.

Yup ... and generally when there is no other choice.

'Man' has (or should have in more cases) used that big brain of our to
evolved to make better uses of the resources and reduce the pollution
whilst being able to feed more people and do so more healthily. Are we
are, just the message is taking a while to sink in (of course).

Cheers, T i m