Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Wiring extractor fan from the shower pull-switch - yes or no?

On 29/10/2020 11:39, me wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 17:12:21 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 28/10/2020 16:49, me wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 22:55:26 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...d_humidista t

Yes that's how I'd like to do it but a home built one would not pass
inspection.

Inspection by who?

I would have thought that by its very nature, most relay switching
and transient suppression is going to be built up for a special
purpose and hence "home built" in pretty much any case.
Is there a commercial version i can buy off the shelf?

The fan I used and the humidistat were standard off the shelf parts
- but separate.

There are versions that combine timer operation with humidistat if
you want as well:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ADQT120HT.html

(although quite a bit more pricey).

John thanks for the reply. I referenced the wrong thing, I meant the
self-build current sensing switch you posted a link to.

ah, ok sorry talking at cross purposes.

I could build
one of those but as I say, inspection by the local council spark
almost certainly won't pass because it obviously will have no
industry standard test marks. So I found exactly the type of thing I
would like on Amazon he
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Precision-S...strial&sr=1-18

Its relatively easy to find current sensing extension leads with slaved
sockets. So it turns off the other sockets when you stop drawing power
through a sense socket.

Needless to say not much use for a shower.

For that something like:

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catal...t-sensors.html

Would be more appropriate

--