Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default There's a rat my loft (what am I gonna do?)

I live in a semi-detatched house. Spoke to the neighbour, who says she
also heard something in the loft scurrying about the following morning.

So, I'm now trying to work out where this blighter is getting in and out
and what it's living on? There's no food up there, no water. I don't
believe its bitten through the foam filler, although without going up my
ladder to double check, its difficult to say 100%

On the neighbours side, there's a couple of holes in the wall from when
the previous occupants had a new bathroom fitted, but didnt bother
plugging up the gaps from when they moved the sink and bath. However,
the cavities are filled with, what appears to be, loose insulation. So
could this thing be burrowing its way in and out through the insulation?

--
Best Wishes
Simon T

I've caught a couple of ratty things (or big mice at any rate) with spring traps
baited with peanut butter. The traps are Rentokil FR51s, got them from Homebase.

We've got an ancient house, thick rubble walls and lath and plaster and there's
no way I'm putting down poison, I'd never find the corpse without a pneumatic
drill and sledge hammer.

These ones are superb, no messing, ratty or mousey disturbing the bait
on these ones and its lights out for ratty or mousey! Saw one in
operation a while ago its like hitting them with a sledgehammer!

Do mind your fingers!!

Peanut butter is one of the best baits around too..

https://www.toolstation.com/sure-set...archstr=rat%20
traps
--
Tony Sayer