Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default There's a rat my loft (what am I gonna do?)

On 28 Oct 2020 at 20:29:48 GMT, "Chris Hogg" wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 11:10:14 -0700 (PDT), Halmyre
wrote:
I've caught a couple of ratty things (or big mice at any rate) with spring
traps baited with peanut butter. The traps are Rentokil FR51s, got them from
Homebase.

We've got an ancient house, thick rubble walls and lath and plaster and
there's no way I'm putting down poison, I'd never find the corpse without a
pneumatic drill and sledge hammer.

IIRC a spring trap for rats is many times bigger, and with a much
stronger spring, than a mouse trap.

When we had cats and lived next to a farm, they regularly caught rats.
The OP should get a cat, or perhaps a Jack Russell terrier.

This is a bit like whack-a-mole, but different!
https://tinyurl.com/nraj2cv

While I am all for killing rats, the apparent excitement and pleasure the
humans got from it is very distasteful. The giveaway is that it is from a
field sports organisation. Pleasure in killing is never pretty.

--
Roger Hayter