Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Why did warm air central heating go out of fashion?

On 2020-10-28, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/10/2020 14:29, Paul wrote:
if there is a heat exchanger
failure and it's leaking CO

That's the second person who's mentioned that particularly nasty failure
mode!

That and that a lot of them were electric...

Thanks for all the replies.

An electric whole house system is going to cost an arm and a leg to run?

I think my son's electricity costs in Northern Sweden were quite hefty.
But it is either electricity or wood burning - the Swedes don't seem to
do Gas or Oil heating. It makes it pay to buy super efficient equipment
and have the house well insulated.