Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default This guy is brilliant

On 28/10/2020 18:16, Dave W wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:02:13 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

Bill

It's a pity the guy didn't tell us how to see someone else's screen
without their permission like he can. Then we could all contribute to
his work.

He has shown a technique for scammers using Teamviewer, where he is able
to take advantage of the fact that TV have added a popup warning to any
session where the host is in India. That has lead to many scammers
initiating the connection in reverse (i.e. giving control of their
computers to the mark), and then coaching the mark through switching the
direction of control. In some videos he has been a little "slow on the
uptake" following their instructions while using the opportunity to
acquire lots of useful stuff from the scammers computers and networks.

However I would not be surprised if some of the remote control tool
vendors have also furnished him with special versions for anti fraud use.

In any case it seems unlikely he is going to include anything in the
videos that might give the crooks any clues.

--
Cheers,

John.