John R Weiss

Default Need advice on whether to consider a mortgage refinance

"Otis McNatt" wrote...

My objective is to pay less overall in paying off the home loan, and with
your scenario below, it appears I'd save about $1400 overall at least, which
is $1400 of real money. I think I'll look into it. Thanks!

To pay the least "overall," you would pay if off in full NOW.

Since that is not apparently one of your options, you have to figure out whether
it would be more advantageous to simply make a higher monthly payment on your
current loan, or to incur the up-front costs and/or principal increase in a
re-fi.

You will have to research the possibilities available to YOU, because the
theoretical scenarios given may not be available to you in the real world.